Yearning for some deeply discounted yarn?
If you know where to look, you can find the most awesome discounts on yarn and other craft supplies.
Getting huge discounts on yarn usually means your selection is very limited, but if you shop around and keep your eyes open, you can find great quality yarns at awesome bargain prices.
Here's the list of places to find deeply discounted, free-to-try, and even free yarn.⇓⇑
Where available, I’ve included a link to a location finder for the business(es).
- Garage, yard, and tag sales
- Goodwill, Salvation Army, and other thrift stores
- Listia gives you points: for signing up, trading, etc., and you use those points to bid on what you want.
- got yarn?
- Dollar Days
- I used Dollar Days several years ago when I was reselling wholesale items on eBay. I found lots of great products, and my profit margin was over 50%, sometimes 75% on items like shawls.
- As of this writing, Dollar Days has a lot of yarn available: I just checked.
- DBNY (Discontinued Brand Name Yarn)
- Yarn Paradise
- the yarn company
- Knit Picks
Tips for Deeply Discounted Yarn
When you shop at physical locations like garage sales and thrift stores, pick up the yarn and craft supplies right away! I've learned that if I 'thought about it,' someone more decisive would get them.⇓⇑
- Keywords to use when searching online:
- Discount yarn
- Wholesale yarn
- Destash yarn (especially on Etsy and Ravelry)
- Yarn lots
- Stash yarn
- Close-out yarn
- Clearance yarn
- Discontinued yarn
- ebay has just about everything!
- Amazon is a great place to check prices as well as purchase.
- If you’re going to buy from Amazon, I recommend their Prime program, because you get free, 2-day shipping on any Prime items. My CutiePieHusband and I have saved quite a bit of money on products and shipping (we’ve even bought a few big TVs from Amazon) over the years.